Wednesday, November 08, 2006

One last attempt to save us from ourselves...

Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action, Integration and Immigrant Rights and Fight for Equality by Any Means Necessary have filed a lawsuit to overturn Proposal 2.
Good.
I'm glad people seem to think we live in a society where racism and sexism no longer exist and apparently think there's equality in the school system, enough to justify the overturning of affirmative action, but the practical reality is that we aren't there yet as a country and as a state. Especially in the business climate we find ourselves in in this state.
Lets work on moving forward instead of trying to drag this state into the past. I was SHOCKED at the margin in which prop 2 was passed. Truly. As my previous half assed post proves. But it's time to move forward.
In other election news, it looks as though Papageorge has narrowly defeated Andy Levin. Which, honestly isn't my race, and I shouldn't judge someone based on a last name, but I like Sander and Carl Levin a lot and had a lot of hope for Andy. It seemed like, in theory, he'd be a good candidate in six years to knock off Stabenows writ of habeus corpus hatin' ass.
Speaking of Stabenow. Glad she won cuz she's wearing our jersey. But. We will watch her closely. I think she betrayed our country by voting with the republicans on that. I will be, and hope others will be vigilant in their observation of Stabenow from here until 2012. The countdown isn't on yet, but her voting record, her speeches and her actions will be closely monitored. I have no patience for people who are so willing to throw our freedoms away for their own personal elections.

No comments: